Pages

Life lessons I've recently learned

Tuesday, February 7, 2017


This past Sunday as I was attending my church I came to the realisation of a lesson I had learned. Later that day I had a strong impression to read something personal of mine, I began to ponder and think about my life and where I was headed.

I want to share my thoughts on the lesson. The teacher wrote three groups of words on the chalkboard (I am not sure why but our church still insists on building chalkboards) She wrote: Divine nature & individual worth, Becoming and Joy. She then asked us to think about what those words mean to us? What do you think of? After reading several passages from recent general conference talks I began to have a burning but joyful feeling in my heart. I felt strongly prompted to share what I was thinking. I was reminded of a time last year where I was stuck in a rut to say the least, It was a very hard time in my life. I wasn't making the best choices and frankly I just wasn't happy.
My mum said to me (important*) that I cannot say I want to be a type of  person when I am living and making choices that do not lead me to that destination of 'person'.
I will not forget this part either. She said "you have a sweet spirit within you" and she continued to tell me how I am that sweet spirit but I have to make good decisions.

Becoming.

This word really hit me. In a good way. We have the potential to be and to achieve whatever we want in this life. For me, in this situation I desire to become a beautiful, spiritual daughter of God. To become so full of light and happiness. If I am to become this person I need to start making decisions that lead me to this goal


In my experience I have never achieved something great without putting in hard work. Success is not going to come by prayer alone or wishing and hoping good karma will come to you.  It requires work. Things won't always be easy, but they will be worth it!

Sincerely, Ayesha xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan